Monday, November 16, 2009

How can I convert clipart from full color to partial black & white with one color?

I am trying to convert this rosebud clipart so that the entire stem of the flower is black (not green as shown), and the rose bud itself remains red (as shown). Is this possible to do? I have Microsoft Photodraw basically to do this. I've been playing with it for a day and can't do anything to keep the red. Thanks for your help. This clipart was found on the microsoft clipart collection that is free to everyone and link is below. Thanks!


http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipar...

How can I convert clipart from full color to partial black %26amp; white with one color?
I don't know the particulars of Photodraw, but in the open source GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program), and Adobe Photoshop, the general method would be:





Convert (flatten) the whole .jpg to black and white. Save it. Open it again, and create a mask for the bloom, in a second layer. Create a new layer, and paste in the original, aligning stems exactly. Flatten layers and export.





http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/Novemb...


No comments:

Post a Comment