Monday, November 16, 2009

Anything I can do for a wounded turtle/tortoise?

I was walking in my neighborhood and found a turtle on his back. I flipped him over and there was a spot of blood on the pavement and his shell. :-( I put him under a tree near some weeds and flowers. I don't know if he's got a home and fell (we live near a lot of stairs). I hate to just leave the poor traumatized little guy there but maybe he has an owner that will look for him later. If you have any experience at all, I'd love your advice. Thanks in advance!

Anything I can do for a wounded turtle/tortoise?
I would take him to a vet, tell them you found him and where and then walk away. I would hope they would care for him (if they can, it may be too far gone) and release him back into the wild.





If I didn't give you what you were looking for, maybe you could try visiting www.turtleexchange.com/forum where I have learned there are many informative people who may be able to help.
Reply:Sounds like someone thought he was a dog toy. I don't know why, but dogs love to play with turtles...


He needs antibiotics, reptiles have very little immunity. Call fish and game and see what vets in your area are liscensed to treat wildlife. They will treat him at no charge to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment